Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

30 Days Later

I have been busy to say the least, and in doing so I was unable to update my blog as much as I planned to.

Back in November I went to an interesting documentary presentation at my college about how Cuba survived their own peak oil crisis and how the rest of the should learn from them. It also brought up points that we have already hit peak oil back in 1970 and ever since then it has been declining. And it also pointed out how bad oil based chemical fertilizers are for the soil, and instead we should use organic fertilizers. Urban agriculture is of course the largest part for us to switch over to an oil free future, but to do so, we need to show those of us around who do not understand that it is possible and it has to be done immediately. 

Earlier in December at the monthly EGB meeting; Special guests were invited (Architect, Urban Planner/Ecologist, and Mechanical Engineer [No names due to anonymity]) to talk charades about re building a section of downtown into a much more sustainable, efficient and green environment. Think of it like Urban Ecology, which is was title of this meeting. I found this really great to go to, but i also realized during it all that is way to difficult now to create change. Change has to occur on all levels and all levels have to agree before the proposed change can even start to begin to put through. So therefore change is deterred for the shear fact people do not want it. They put barriers up and make it more difficult than it should be.

The thing I have found the most, shocking, to me at least was how much this year has change for me. Not for the better nor for the worse. During the Winter and Spring this year I was still in a long distance relationship; I suffered and grieved during the summer when she mistreated, abused, and broke up with me and now, this Christmas (December, but close enough) here I am again single and confused about all what has happened.

How is it that we when something is good we don't appreciated it when we should and only when everything starts falling to pieces we turn to the closest person or thing to blame literally everything on. Oh it is THIS because YOU did THIS. Like where is the logic in that? A+B+C+D=Z? What the Hell? That is like saying you know everything and you should be aloud to do anything! Which is being quite dogmatic.

I just don't know where I stand now a days. I know where I am going, and i have a plan B (going to Wyotech to learn Custom Automotive Fabrication, for those wondering), hopefully not going to have to go down that road. I realize that the past cannot be changed but I am able to shape the future. And I know that there is someone out there for me... somewhere. It is just a matter of time when we meet.

As for the rest of our fickle world. What else is there so say when everything has been said? What else can be done when very few listen? Who does one turn to create change that is needed oh so bad? Questioning what must be done is worth the words on the page won't suffice since no answers are given and only time will tell who the true and real leaders are.

No comments:

Post a Comment