Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 15 Broken Barriers & Bleeding Hearts

My classes today were well, the same as usual. Just it sucks to hear that Bill McKibben will be in Vancouver doing a speech on climate change at UBC. I wish I could go, but well, it is at 12:30pm and I have class tomorrow.
I am still worked up about the fact i can't meet anyone close to what I would like to go out with. Am I destined to be forever single? I seriously doubt it since 'forever' is just one of those words that takes everything out of context around it. Really, it is just the loneliness that bugs me. Well, maybe not bugs per say, more like taunts me. What is it about me that makes it so people do not want to ask me out? Sure I have been asked by some girls in the past but geez they were not my type. Since then, well, I have been the only one asking here and there, ending up no where. Like how many creative, determined, inspired, activist guys are there? To go in more detail... I am determined to change the world regardless how hard it is. Positive Change. I feel like I am one in a million, possibly even one in a hundred million.
I can think of so- so many people out there in our world who are worse than me and yet, they seem to find someone only to end up ruin each other lives. Yeah I know I am a pessimist in one ways, but hey it is the truth. Life isn't always sugar and lollipops.  You are going to hit bumps in the road, shit is going to hit the proverbial, and you'll feel blue for a day, week, or a month. But by all means i don't want to bash other people over the head who I don't even know, since this blog does not concern them nor affect them. It is simply about me and my tough journey towards my career goal and possible new lifestyle. 
I have spoken to a few people out there saying that the cliche 'good guys finish last' is not true. It is all determined by the individual and their actions. So how come then, the guys who miss-treat and abuse girls attract them? Same goes for guys getting into relationships with girls who abuse guys, which you don't hear of much. Yet as being one of those good guys, I seem to, well... don't ever get approached by anyone. But that could also be because it is uncommon for a girl to ask a guy out. It does happen, I am not saying it doesn't but I have yet to have it happen to me (well besides in the past in school when it was all puppy love).
The two things which seem to have gone out the window and shattered on the ground below are Compatibility and Commitment. Hence the reason why the Divorce rate and break up rates are so damn high. Like will anything last in our fast paced world today? Sure I like you and alll... (3 months later) Why did i ask you out in the first place? Get lost!

We have come so far, only to end up with more relationship issues and problems. Does love exist? Do Soul mates even exist? What is real in a relationship and what is just done to get laid? See the world the way I see it and you'll understand exactly what I am getting at. 

No comments:

Post a Comment