Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Day 3 EGB (Emerging Green Builders)

Today was interesting, since in my human geography class we had a debate about the whole Occupy movement, where the class divided up into groups to talk about each side of the movement. I tried to be on the 1% movement (I support the 99% outside the debate) to see if we could voice an opposition to the 99%. It was far from unsuccessful, since it was so hard to find anything supporting the super rich. Really there is so many reasons why the 99% is correct in what they are fighting for. After lunch I managed to add more to my novel, not as much as i like thought. And then for my final class for the week, which was physics it wasn't that interesting but very tiring.
Anyways after dinner I went down to the Emerging Green Builders Victoria branch meeting which was really interesting. We had a guest speaker come from the government to talk about government policies and looking for input about improving their green policies. I also was able to network and chat with other people who were down there (either in the field or in a related field) and got information about Cascadia, LEED certification and more.

As for novel, it is sad... I didn't make much progress. I am hoping to write like 20,000 words on Saturday to get me back on track, but then I need either peace and quiet or a really really good song.

Word Goal for today: 10,200
Amount Written: 511
Total Words: 1,468
Goal: 100,000

No comments:

Post a Comment