Pages

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Day 5 Wind and Waves

Well, I did it. I moved onto a sailboat today and am going to be spending the rest of the month of November on it. The winds were about 10 knots and of course the currents pushed the boat away from the dock creating a 1 foot (30cm) gap from the boat and the finger dock. So you had to be careful getting on and leaving making sure you or you're belongings won't end up in the drink. I also messed up earlier in the day and accidentally broke the space heater so I had to pay to replace it; bound to happen since it was my first time on the sailboat. I just need to get use to having no water pressure, no hot water (unless i boil it on the propane stove) and no shower. So thinking about it i am probably going to wake up earlier so I can come back home and get ready before heading off to college. I do have a midterm tomorrow too, so we will see how living on board will help my studies.
As for my assignments and novel, i got some progress just i was tired yesterday and without internet so i was extremely limited. I have sketch paper on the boat, college books and of course lots of novels i would like to read during the time i am on board.
I shall do an update of my word count tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment