Pages

Monday, December 17, 2012

Conflicting Passions

Today was interesting to say the least. Since it was our second to last day of classes for this phase, we had to clean the shop prior to writing our final. There was a slight uproar and confusion on how it should be done which, got me questioning if there is really the career I really want to be in. On and off over the last few days I have been wondering, what if I would have gone to a Wooden Boatbuilding school instead of Wyotech since I would not have to deal with so much damn drama. Seriously! This is College not Kindergarden. I find myself question this decision since prior to coming down here I was split between either travelling all this way to learn on how to restore cars or go to a wooden boatbuilding school closer to home. I ended up choosing this route because I want to do it from such a long time. However as I was pondering this decision which will shape my future no doubt I realized that in a way it has helped me for the better coming down here. Instead of taking Street Rod and Custom Fabrication as my first elective and Trim and Upholstery and my second, I am going to remove Street Rod and Custom Fabrication and only do Trim and Upholstery. Which is the complete opposite I was thinking of doing when I first got down here, because I thought the dust from Trim and Upholstery would upset my allergies to the point I would not be able to work whatsoever.
It all came together in a way, since by coming down here I can restore classic cars (especially) Hudson's and by going to a wooden boatbuilding school I can build, paint, and upholster the boat completely.

It is definitely a lot to consider and think about, but I have two weeks to do so over Christmas. Of course I'll get as much information as possible before I make any move that will undoubtedly affect my future career.


Mohandas K. Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment