Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Forging the Way

Back in April, I got around to finally joining the local blacksmith association on the Vancouver Island.  I have been always, well, since I was ten interesting in forging metal either into artwork or swords. Since I just joined and all, I am starting out to slowly learn the basics and hopefully later on this year I'll be able to forge my first knife but that might be a bit too ambitious.  We shall see, since I have lots of time, I can go out to the forges frequently so I'll be able to learn more through practice or watching master smith.

May has finally come! Which means only a few more days from this post till my birthday. As for what I am going to do, well I honesty don't know. I had a few ideas but trying to keep costs down makes it really interesting and limiting. I might just end up doing something simple, something that won't cost too much.
Also this month, twenty eight days from now I'll find out if I got into my University program. I am really excited, anxious, nervous but I've really gotta be patent since that is the only way I am going to find out. I have plans to make another chandelier, but I'd like to combine some metal work into the next one.

Any that's about it, nothing really much new has happened or changed. I'm looking forward what the rest of the month has in store for me and the see how everything pans out.


No comments:

Post a Comment