Pages

Friday, May 4, 2012

Level Up!

....And another year passes, I had a pretty good birthday but kinda wish i could have done more. But since I want to save my money instead of spend it, I was very limited what I could do this year.


I have got to say one of the worst things to be is unfocused. I really want to become an Architect because how I can help make the community and world a better place through beautiful buildings. But my mind has slipped many times, wondering and considering other types of careers. There is nothing wrong with that since it could be turned into a back up plan if I am unable to get to where I really want to go. I however doubt it, since the work (drafting and artwork) I have done up to now has been really impressive to those who have seen it (their words not mine). I'd also like make another chandelier since my first one came out quite nice. Just the most frustrating part of making my first chandelier was cutting the glass. Oh well, hopefully the next one will more intricate, interesting and beautiful.

My Plan B's are: (In no particular order)

-- Truck Driver. Yes of all things I'd partially aspire to become one.Why? The freedom the career gives you is really nice, but that is also a downside since you're always on the go and on the move. The pay is also good, but it is probably one of the more dangerous careers out there on my list.

-- Wooden Boat Builder/Designer. Similar to Architecture but on the water (similar on the inside of the boats at least plan wise). I have always loved the look of wooden boats and with me getting my boat operators card it is definitely an option. I did a little research a while ago to find a school where i could learn this craft, but it would be mean going back to school to learn carpentry before I could go there.

-- Custom Automotive Designer/Painter/Fabricator. This would have been #1 instead of Architecture if I had only changed my studies back in high school. I know where I could go for my education to learn this and I know how long it will take and cost. The only problem is... it would mean all my education to become an architect would go to waste. Plus the fact that the place that teaches this is not local, not even in Canada. I have been interested in this longer than Architecture but also the money is and work prospects get me wary of this path since it could work out to riches or I might just end up with a mediocre interesting career.

-- Blacksmith. As a career would be really interesting but I have read here and there that it is, really hard to make a living. It is by far a better hobby than a primary source of income.

-- Professional Auto Racer. It is one of those, it would be kinda cool to do kinda dreams. The pay is really good if you can do well, otherwise it isn't that bad. But you have to have a good team and even before that, a team has to accept you. Anyone know where you can learn to become one? I wouldn't mind a bit more info on it.


I just wish the education around the world would be a lot more streamlined. It is easier to find information on some careers compared to others. Also what is up with the university rankings? Sure it helps the intuitions with getting students to apply to them but what about those lower on the list. How hard would it be to standardize and simplify everything around the world just a bit. So say that someone with an education in Europe can be considered equal to someone in China or India and visa versa.

We need more cooperation by far in this world and less complaining and bickering. Since the 60's and the space race we would if we would have kept feeding the fires of progress would be a lot further ahead, possibly even having a colony on the moon. But rather we spent the time fighting amongst ourselves  over who own what part of land.

No comments:

Post a Comment