Pages

Monday, October 3, 2011

Day by Day

So now, waiting in between classes i figured it would be a good time to add a short entry to my blog. For those wondering how much I am trying to accomplish and how much time i have allocated for all my projects i think now would be a good time to mention it.

Currently I am going to college four days a week 10:30am till 4:30pm, taking four courses. Three geography's and one physics. I am also working three days a week (Thursday till Saturday). I have joined also a local sailing club which i am hoping to go sailing every Sunday and as of the new year i am going to re-join the local archery club so I can practice on their ranges come the new year. I am also part of a college club too which meets every two weeks.

What I have to do at the moment is for the most part the application for my program. Which is; a questionnaire, biographical statement (resume), statement of interest, two academic references and a max 18-page portfolio of my creative work. Have i started any of this? Not yet. How much time have i given myself? Only till the end of October. Why so little time? Because in November I have other plans I wanna do that will take up most of my time.

As of November I am going to be taking part in NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) which is a 30 day competition to write 50,000 words/175 pages. I am challenging myself to do double that in the same time... 100,000 words in 30 days. Crazy? Hell no! I just have a novel idea I want to get done so i can edit it in December and possibly publish in the new year. I also at the moment trying to also find someone in town who would let me boat sit for a month. Boat sit similar to house sitting except for the fact it'll be a sailboat and there is limited living space. Limited if you compare to a house, they are fairly roomy.
If i like the experience I am definitely going to go forward and buy myself a 30 foot (10 meter) sailboat to live on while I am in Vancouver. I have already finished a book on living aboard a boat that helped inform me about this decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment