Pages

Monday, October 31, 2011

Eleven out of Thirty One

Due to my busy schedule this month I was unable to meet my goal for 31 posts for October. I have been slaving away on assignments and studying for exams which never seem to end. I did however get the materials for my workbench on the 20th of October, and built it over that weekend. As for my projects for my portfolio, it is slowly coming together but I am planning to get most of it done in November. I even have taken that month off work so I can everything done. On top of all that I am taking part in NaNoWriMo, with a goal of 100k words in 30 days and I might even try and get my VHF operators licence. Like that isn't enough I would like to complete all my major projects for geography. I am also planning to take an income tax course to help increase my meagre income next year.

I am also in the process of acquiring a Catalina 30, I shall not say more it is not final yet. But I shall post about it when I get it.
UPDATE: I looked into taking out a loan but due to my low income I am unable to and my parents are not willing to help out on this. So I have got to pass on this opportunity. However I am going to budget and save so when one arises in the future I can possible take advantage of it. 

As The Essentials of Living Aboard Boat says (on page 33) "There are a lot of things that don't grow on trees, such as money. Money does not grow on trees. But boats do.
...Houses grow on trees, meaning that a better will always come along, even if that deal does not exist today. When you that a great deal is passing you by, don't be nervous, because there is another one coming."
(Page 258): "Be patient and thorough when choosing a boat - and remember that boats, good and bad, grow on trees." 
I own the book and I recommend it to all those considering living about a boat.


I was going to write about Holidays tonight, but with having a test tomorrow and my busy schedule I have to cut this one shorter.




No comments:

Post a Comment